March 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday(5)



Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcase upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is The Secret of the Keepers, this is the second book in the Kailmeyra Series by Elizabeth Isaacs. I stumbled upon the first book a few months ago and I'm glad I did. I can't express in writing how much I loved this story. The story is beautifully written, the characters are well developed, and the world building is fantastic.

The second book "The Secret of the Keepers" will be released in the fall and the cover art will be released closer to that time. In order not to ruin the series for you if you haven't already read this book here's the synopsis on the first book.


The Light of Asteria (Kailmeyra's Last Hope) by Elizabeth Isaac


The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope (Kailmeyra, #1)

If Nora Johnson hadn't been on campus that day she would have never known her true destiny. Helping her friends move into the dorm that she wanted to call home, Nora accidentally collides with mysterious stranger, Gavin Frey. His very first touch sends flames through her heart. The world seems different-something within her has changed. Nora tries to resume her mundane life, but she is now consumed with the one whose very presence ignited her soul, the one with eyes of emerald. Nora soon learns that an energy buried deep within has been unleashed. She now wields unimaginable power and has become Gavin's source, his strength.

Her newfound joy is a shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity has allowed all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?


So what are you waiting on? Leave a link and I'll check it out. Happy Wednesday!





7 comments:

  1. Oh, you so didn't stumble upon that book...I lent it too you! LOL It is one of my favorite books, such a beautiful story & so beautifully written. Can't wait for the next one - feels like I've already been waiting forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds interesting :) Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm a new follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! I haven't heard of this before before, but will totally be checking it out! Happy Reading!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vy- this story is great- thanks for the follow :)

    Christy- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good things about this book. I should check it out. Is this the second one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I like your site here too! I found you on book blogs, and just wanted to stop by your site and say hey! I’m now following your blog and twitter! You can find be at: www.booksavvybabe.blogspot.com and twitter @booksavvybabe
    I’m looking forward to reading more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alison- Light of Asteria is the first book. The Secret of the Keepers is the second.

    Heather- Thank you! I'm a new blogger so i'm still learning and trying to figure out what i'm doing. Following you on twitter, going to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs