September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1)

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created & hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s topic is:

Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me



This is my first week participating in this meme and i'm very excited about it. I can't tell you how many times I've been on twitter and someone is having a conversation about a book that I've heard a thousand other people talking about and I feel absolutely lost. I seriously need to remedy this situation soon.

Here's my list:

  1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare- Read the first three books in the TMI series but then I got distracted and have yet to pick up this book.
  2. Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning - Didn't hear about this series until someone on twitter told me about it.
  3. Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalther- Didn't know about this series until Jess @ Gone With The Words and Isalys @ Book Soulmates pimped it out and convinced me that I was missing out if I didn't read the series. Yes, I now own the first four books but I haven't read it yet. :(
  4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I swear I'm the only person left who hasn't read it. I own all of the books and I'm not quite sure why I haven't read it yet. I am going to try to read it before I see the movie or maybe that would be bad.
  5. Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent- I loved the Shifter Series and I'm pretty sure I would love this series as well.
  6. Any books by Simone Elkeles-I have Perfect Chemistry on my tablet but haven't read it yet.
  7. If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman- I bought the first book after I read so many rave reviews but have yet to pick it up.
  8. Firelight by Sophie Jordan-  The premise of the story sounds awesome.
  9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver- Excited to read this book, I've been hooked on dystopian books lately. So I'll have to make time to read this soon.
  10. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead-  I really want to read this book but, I am hesistant to pick it up. I really loved VA and I felt so bad for Adrian. I'm not sure how I feel about diving back into a world where Adrian is still hurt. I know i'm being silly, I'll eventually pick this book up to read and then scream at myself for not reading it sooner.
What books do you feel like everyone else has read except you? Leave a link and I'll check it out.

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read Delirium yet either, but it's on my list! I really, really want to read it soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read LotU, Fever & THG. That's three of my favourite series right there. Read them!
    I haven't read any of the others on your list though, so in that your alone haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have #4, #6, #8 & #10 in common on our lists. A a few more I dont have on my list. Lol.

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-feel-as.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the Hunger Games! It's pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely read The Hunger Games before the movie! It's so good =) I always find that reading a book before the movie helps you get a better understanding of whats going on since movies tend to leave out a lot of little details.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, stopping by to check your top ten, we share one. check mine out at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with you about Adrian on Bloodlines. I haven't read any of the books you've mentioned!! Lots of reading to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha those are also all on my TBR list. I have many of them but I just haven't had the chance to read them yet.
    Your not the only one that hasn't read the HUnger games trilogy, I haven't either although I have had them since Christmas. I will read them before the movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read the Hunger Games asap! I had the first one for 2 years before I finally read it (for book club) a week and a half ago. Let's just say- I finished the whole series in a week. I do not know what I was waiting for- but the series is amazing. Don't wait any longer. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I made a list, it would mirror this one. Except for Bloodlines. I got it when it came out and finished it the next day. Loved it so much. And Adrian is just always awesome, so I say go for it.

    And when it comes to The Hunger Games, I also feel like I'm the only person left who has not read them yet, haha. Don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs