February 24, 2011

Review: Any Man of Mine


I have to admit that I’ve never read a Rachel Gibson novel before I received this ARC. I am glad I was given a chance to read this story, it was fun, entertaining, and heart breaking at times.

The story is about Autumn Haven who has just experienced the tragic loss of her mother, she doesn’t know her father, and her brother is in the Navy and is deployed. After arranging the funeral, packing up the last of her mother’s belongings, and selling the house. She decides that she needs a vacation to help her deal with everything. She books a one week vacation to the beautiful Las Vegas where she meets trouble (a handsome hockey player named Sam) and this is where her life changes forever.
This book was compelling and captured my attention the entire book because I could relate to the characters. Things weren’t too farfetched where you might say that never happens. Everything Autumn, Sam, and Connor went through are things that regular people deal with on a daily basis. Autumn’s character really grew through trial and error,and she learned the hardest lesson of all forgiveness.It teaches you that the choice you make always has consequences whether it’s good or bad.

Rachel Gibson has an excellent way of writing a story where you feel the character’s emotion. I would definitely recommend this book to everyone I know. I think I just found my new favorite contemporary romance author.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs